Tuesday, December 29, 2009

first day of the rest of my life...

Okay well some people reading this blog may have known that last march i tore my Achilles tendon snowboarding at Mt. Shasta. Long story short, this year i wasn't really planning on snowboarding at all but last week my physiotherapist told me my ankle was totally healed and that I could once again snowboard. Well that was great new for me because i was actually planning a snowboard trip in a couple weeks to Fernie B.C. in which i was more or less just along for the ride and wasn't really planning on going up to the mountain. But now with the blessing of medical professionals I am planning on riding... and actually tomorrow will be my first day back on the slopes! A few friends and I are going to beautiful Lake Louise for the day. I'm planning on taking it really easy, the last thing I would want to do is re injure my Achilles... So yeah needless to say I'm rather excited for tomorrow but a little hesitant as well. But really... a beautiful day with some of my best mates, and sliding down a icy hill with my feet strapped into a piece of wood... what could be better!

No comments:

Post a Comment